Are you brand new to iNaturalist? Not sure what it is or how to use it?
Download the app (easiest) or use online.
Watch our Webinar on the City Nature Challenge with a demonstration of how to use iNaturalist
iNaturalist.org also has a great page to help you Click here to get started.
- Download the iNaturalist app and create an account.
- Join City Nature Challenge 2017: Boston Area Project to be counted as an observer. All of your observations will automatically be added to the project during the CNC.
- Record your observation with a photograph. (You don’t need to know what it is.)
- Upload the photo to the app or iNaturalist.org. (Here you can enter anything you do know, like the time and location, or what it might be)
- See a species you recognize? You can also help identify other people’s observations in the iNaturalist community!
- The iNaturalist community discusses and confirms the identity of the observation and lets you know.
- You learn more about the world around you, and so does the greater scientific community. (Every research grade observation is contributed to the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and the Encyclopedia of Life to help scientists find and use your data.)
Click Here to go to the iNaturalist project page for the Boston City Nature Challenge
Don’t stop making observations at the end of the City Nature Challenge. Using iNaturalist.org can be done just about anywhere and by anyone. Go out and see what you can discover!