We look forward to seeing you at the 2012 Ocean Literacy Summit!
The $50 registration fee for the Ocean Literacy Summit includes:
Admission to Thursday evening reception, “Gallery of Ocean Discoveries” with remarks by National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Deputy Administrator
Dr. Kathryn Sullivan.
Admission to Friday Summit, including continental breakfast, keynote lecture, by renowned ocean explorer and Professor of Oceanography at GSO/URI Dr. Robert Ballard, concurrent sessions, lunch, panel discussion, exhibits, and evening events.
Online registration will be accepted until Friday, October 26; note that our specially priced hotel room block, is available only until October 19. Use the Group Code: “OCE” when booking.
For on-site registrants:
Online registration will close Friday, October 26 at midnight. If you miss the deadline you may still register onsite.
Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. in the outdoor heated tent on the quad between Horn Laboratory and Corless Auditorium. Continental breakfast will be available. A staff member will be at the registration table all day to register attendees and answer questions.
Accepted forms of $50 registration fee on-site include cash or check, payable to New England Aquarium. Please note we will be unable to accept credit or debit card payments.
Follow the steps below to register:
- Download the Overview Agenda [pdf] and OL Summit Session Descriptions OL Summit Session Descriptions [pdf], printing them if you like.
- Select either the Attendee Registration Form or the Exhibitor and Speakers’ Registration Form.
- Complete demographic information as requested.
- Indicate the Concurrent Sessions you prefer. To make sure sessions are not overcrowded, we ask that you not change your choices onsite. Your registration receipt will remind you of your selections.
- Indicate whether you will join us for the receptions on Thursday (“Gallery of Discovery” and remarks by Dr. Kathryn Sullivan) and/or Friday afternoon, following the Summit close. Both events are included in the registration fee.
- Sign up for Discovery Opportunities offered on Thursday afternoon and Saturday morning. You will pay for those events onsite, not as part of your registration fee.
- Submit payment with a credit card. Payment is accepted via PayPal.
- Print out your receipt.
- The deadline to receive a full refund for the event is October 19.
- The deadline to receive a 50% refund is October 26.
- No refund will be offered for a no-show attendee.
In the event you cannot attend the Summit after you have registered, you may designate someone to attend in your place at no extra charge. Please contact NEOSEC Program Assistant, Lindsay Beene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-226-2179.
Refunds will be processed following the Summit.